Background

Friday, May 3, 2013

Girls Weekend in Lanesboro

I had a wonderful weekend with my mom and my two dear friends Jayne and Nikol. Our plan was to leave around 9:00 am and antique, thrift and garage sale our way down to Lanesboro, MN which is about a three hour dive. 

We did indeed leave at 9:00 am sharp (the girls know I hate to be late). And our first stop, after Starbucks, was Pine City, MN. Our destination was the local thrift shop, but that was a bust. We did hit the town on the perfect weekend though, it was the city wide garage sale!!

I got the BEST garage sale find ever!! Anybody who knows me understands this......

Our next stop was Rochester and then on to Lanesboro. We checked into our cozy room in the Art Lofts right downtown on main street, dumped our stuff, and took a walk around town. We then stopped at the Commonweal Theater to purchase tickets for that nights show "A Doll's House" by Henrik Ibsen (which was wonderful). Then we hit the local winery and tasted a few of the local made wines.

Then we were off to Harmony, MN to shop at the wonderful antique mall they have. And then we had a fantastic dinner at the Quarter/quarter Restaurant. The food is out of this world!! It rivals the best restaurants in Minneapolis. 

The next morning we were up and at em. First stop... the Pastry Shoppe for a wonderful sugar, carb filled breakfast! YUM



 There is a little antique store in town called the Coffee Street Peddler and it is NEVER open!! Leave it to my mom and Nikol to hunt down the owner and ask him to open for us... and man am I glad he did!!

First find, beautiful pink and aqua vintage buttons for my collection, and only $1 a card!! What a steal. 


Then for the mother of all finds!! I'm a sucker for dolls and I found a beauty. She is a vintage 1958 Vogue Jill Doll in MINT condition. She is wearing the prom dress and has the gloves, shoes and panties, all in perfect shape. As an added bonus she came with the wedding dress, in the box, with all the accessories, also in MINT condition. 

We slowly headed home down the scenic river route. Our last stop was Lake City, MN. Most of the stores close at 5:00 and that is just about the time we rolled into town. Lucky for us one of the antique store owners wasn't in a hurry to get home that evening and was happy to let us browse his shop. 

My last find of the trip was this sweet angle decked out in a feather skirt. I'm thinking she will look pretty darn cute on top of my pink Christmas tree next year. She has a Lefton/Napco face but she isn't marked. 
I had such a fun weekend and got some awesome stuff!! If you haven't been to Lanesboro, MN I highly recommend it, there is so much to do and is a family friendly spot. 

You had the power all along my dear - Glinda the Good Witch

2 comments:

  1. Love all your sweet finds and love your blog. I am signing up to follow your sweet blog and I'd love to have you follow back if you would like. Welcome to blog land.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, your sister sent me here, I'm a new follower! You found some good things, I just love those buttons.
    Welcome! Dorothy and Ms.Wilma

    ReplyDelete